Catching Up

It's been a little while, so here is what I've been up to. 

I went to a lovely cake decorating party for my sister-in-law's birthday (which in my opinion is the most brilliant idea my brother has had to date! Might be exaggerating just a bit....). Unfortunately, we decorated the cakes at a place an hour or so away from home for me, so we had to put the cake in a box, leave it in the car for an hour or two to have dinner, and then drive home another hour.... Still made it home in pretty good condition :) 


Not sure if lopsided or my camera angle was bad.... I'm hoping the latter :) 

My oldest daughter is in Kindergarten now! :) So making her something that she'll eat for lunch is always a bit tricky (she's a very very very very very picky eater....) My thoughts are, if I make the lunches cute, maybe she'll eat it. Here are a few lunches I've made so far :) 

A fish-shaped sandwich with two bubbles - cheese and ham for the fins, eye and bubble reflection. Add a side of raisins and pretzel goldfish :) 

A ham and cheese sandwich made from a sweet roll with ham, ranch and carrot sticks for the face. More carrot sticks and celery placed in a ranch bath for easy dipping and a side of sliced strawberries. 

Sticky rice made into the shade of a panda bear head with celery sticks and cha lua (vietnamese pork bologna). The face is made with more cha lua that is painted in black food coloring. A side of chocolate covered strawberries covering in crystal sprinkles for a cool "gem" look. 

Of course for Halloween time, a jack o' lantern sandwich of Nutella and fluff with Nutella used to draw the face (I have also used chocolate chips - they make the perfect triangle shape on their sides). A side of peanut butter spider crackers with pretzel stick legs :)

I'll be sure to post any more neat lunch ideas I can come up with - she still has a lot of lunches left to be made! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPIC KIRBY CAKE!!

Easter Sunday Cupcakes

Lifting Cakes