Another Birthday!!

My brother-in-law's birthday was today, and as an always amazing gift, I baked a cake (truly shocking, I know). This time, however, I didn't have as much time. So I decided on something simple. 

First I started off with a German chocolate cake. 


Voila! Cake. I trimmed off the top because it was all foofy and I needed it flat. Then I used a nice fluffy whipped vanilla frosting. 


The crumbs from when I cut the cake sort of mixed a bit with the frosting, but I thought it made it look cooler. Done! 

Nah, just kidding. That's much too boring. So to add a little sprinkle, I used.... 


A homemade buttercream design! The above shows it almost done, but I wanted to show how I at least layered it... I meant to take a picture earlier, but I forgot because I was waaay too into this. As you can see, this is a dedication to the Playstation and to Final Fantasy since my brother-in-law is a fan of video games and Final Fantasy. And I thought it was too adorable to really pass on doing this... :) 


This is the completely filled in buttercream. I put this in the freezer to let it harden. 



Now it's hard! (That's what she said.) ....anyways, it's still not done. For this to work, you need the frosting to be pretty thick.... so to do this, I pretty much plopped on my leftover frosting (I colored it orange first for fun). It was a rush job, so don't judge! 



Ta Da! Yeah, the orange parts could be prettier, but like I said, this was a rush job. Still cute :) 

Another (and better!) cake coming soon!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPIC KIRBY CAKE!!

Easter Sunday Cupcakes

Rainbows for Tracy!