Sopheria's 2nd Birthday!

My baby is already 2 years old!!! T_T Where does the time go??? Anyways, for the theme of this party, I picked Sophie's favorite character at the moment (besides Elsa, I'm so over Frozen right now...) ....MICKEY & MINNIE! Who doesn't love a Disney birthday?? 

Since her actual birthday was a week before her birthday party, I made her two cakes (she is two years old after all!). I'm experimenting with the mirror glaze frosting (gelatin chocolate mix) and decorated one cake with candy balls and the other with food spray to see how it works with the glaze. 

They both came out pretty cute I think :) A very easy, fast and neat way to cover a cake, I must admit. 

There's the birthday girl! 

Still blowing out those candles hehe

Now time for the birthday party! 

Sophie had gone apple & pumpkin picking with her daycare, so I decorated her little pumpkin for her :) 

And the back! 

I didn't really have too much time to take pictures of my process, so... BAM! Cake! It's a chocolate cake with a gelatin-white chocolate glaze that I colored pink and red. Two cake balls on top of Minnie and Mickey, and frosting piped around. The bow and mickey decorations on the side are made from marshmallow fondant. 

The table setting complete :) Along with the cake, I made oreo mini cheesecakes, white cake cupcakes with chocolate buttercream and mini oreo Mickey ears and chocolate cake balls shaped into Mickey and Minnie. 

I didn't want to go too overboard this time - my fridge can only hold so many leftovers... 

All in all, I'm happy with how everything turned out :) Onto the holiday baking!! 

Until next time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPIC KIRBY CAKE!!

Easter Sunday Cupcakes

Lifting Cakes