Rainbows for Tracy!

For my cousin's 14th birthday, she requested I make the same cake I made for Evee's birthday - a rainbow cake covered in Skittles. Since her gathering was feeding less guests, I decided on a 6'' cake. 

Here is the start of it all.... 6 layers of cake (just purple instead of an indigo and a violet layer), extra cake for cake balls and cupcakes due to excess batter - can't let any of it go to waste! 

Start with purple at the bottom until I reach red at the top :) That's one tall cake... hehe The red gripper is so the cake won't slide off. 

After they're all stacked, cover in more buttercream! Doesn't have to be perfectly smooth since the Skittles will cover it all anyways.

My "favorite" part of this cake - separating out the Skittles.... Still a very satisfying picture, I'll admit. 

Time to start the rainbow..... this is so time consuming, but I feel it's worth it in the end. 

All done! 

Don't forget the side of chocolate covered cake balls with rainbow sprinkles!

A video of the cake spinning :) Fun to watch, I think. 

Until next time!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPIC KIRBY CAKE!!

Easter Sunday Cupcakes