Look at My Fancy Balls!

Expecting something different? Dirty minds... 

Anyways, although I didn't post the next day, I did make these the day after my last post... Just had a hectic schedule and no time to post :( 


Check out my balls! Cake balls, that is. I used the leftover pieces of the french vanilla cake and my leftover strawberry cake (since there wasn't enough french vanilla cake...) and mixed them with some dulce de leche. Rolled them into balls, rolled them in unsweetened coconut flakes and put them in the fridge to harden (side note: every time I read the word "harden", I think of.... METAPOD! :P )


The sauce that goes with my cake balls is a mango and pineapple puree. I took fresh mango and pineapple, chopped them up, then blended them. Then I put the blended mix through a strainer so I didn't end up with any chunks. Mixed the puree with some lime juice for a bit of zest and to soften up the puree, and voila! Coconut covered cake balls with mango/pineapple puree :) 

Very simple and something to do with all my leftover cake! 

I should have another post up this weekend, so look forward to it!! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPIC KIRBY CAKE!!

Easter Sunday Cupcakes

Lifting Cakes