Birthday Cake Time! YAY!

So there are birthdays today and as requested by my coworkers, I baked a cake for one of my other coworkers. She happens to share a birthday with one of the coolest peoples I know, BCD! So in dedication to them both, I made this cake. Sadly, only my coworker will be able to taste it since BCD is so far away!! :( 

The cake is devil's food. Mmmmmm, chocolate... topped with vanilla frosting. 


So the green frosting is to represent grass I guess.... if you're curious as to what the heck is in the middle, it's a plate with a salad on top and fruit snacks. Why? Well, it's well known at my work that this particular coworkers HATES fruits in salads. She thinks it's weird. So like the nice person I am, I put it on her cake so she's forced to eat it!! BWAHAHA!! 


These are my little cupcake animals. Now, from the size of the plate, these animals are actually the size of mini cupcakes. That white blob over there is supposed to be a sheep. When I cut the marshmallow (no mini marshmallows, used/ate them all...), the pieces kept sticking to me... so uncool...  

Fun fact: The pig is the only one with strawberry frosting. Not sure why I did that since you don't see the frosting under the animals anyways... 


Top down view, nearly complete. 


ALL DONE!! :) Kind of cute, not my best work, but in the time allotted, I'm okay with it. 


"Happy Birthday" in fondant along the sides, easy solution to hide my badly frosted job on the sides XD 

Hopefully my co-worker enjoys it and hope you enjoyed the pictures! Now I need to figure out a way to sneak this cake in without her seeing.. can't leave it in my car or the fondant will hate me. Hmmm..... Maybe I'll pretend it's my lunch and I'm SUPER hungry, that's why it's so big... I dunno, I'll figure it out. 

Until next time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPIC KIRBY CAKE!!

Easter Sunday Cupcakes

Lifting Cakes