Evelynn's 2nd Birthday

For my daughter's second birthday, I wanted to make something super special! So I decided on a three-tiered cake with lots of marshmallow fondant and fun decorations! :) 


For the bottom and top layers, I used cake mix with sprinkles and covered them in chocolate frosting, while the center layer was strawberry with vanilla frosting. It didn't work out as I planned since the layers were a lot closer in size than I initially thought. But like all my cakes, I improvised as I went. 



By the way, if you noticed, I'm wearing my Krejci jersey and a cupcake apron over it because I'm awesome like that and as I was making this cake, I was watching a Bruins game :) 


Two layers done! Well.. the stacking and fondant... Much harder than I thought this was...


Working on my third layer here. There's my adorable little girl trying to help :) 


Three tiers! The top has added pick fondant for a cute striped look. 


Added some wrap around letters that read. 



Top down view, looks like a flower, added ice cream cone marshmallows along the bottom tier. 


Hello Kitty is sitting happily on top. She's made of rice krispie treat covered in fondant and held together with a toothpick. 


Added rice krispie treat hearts and stars to the front and back. 


There's the two! The finished product has Dora the Explorer figurines and smaller stars made from Starbursts since the rice krispie ones were too heavy to put on the lower levels. Picture will be added later if I remembered to take one before... 


With the extra strawberry cake batter, fondant and rice krispie I had, made some cupcakes on the side! :) 

Although it wasn't as I had originally planned, I really like how this cake came out :) I hope my daughter loved it as much as she loved eating it! Happy Birthday, Evelynn! Can't believe you're already two!! Love you so much :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPIC KIRBY CAKE!!

Easter Sunday Cupcakes

Lifting Cakes