Happy Birthday, Sam! :)

I had a lot of fun making this cake, especially since I had a little assistant - although I'm not sure how much she actually helped me... 

Anywho, to start off, we mixed up a simple sugar cookie dough - and by we, I mean my daughter attempted to mix it for about a minute, gave up and proceeded to have me mix the rest. Once it was nice and mixed, we filled the bottom of a 9'' springform pan.


We used about half the dough to fill the entire pan. She looks like she's doing a great job - She's gonna become a pro like me! :) 


Once it was nice and golden brown along the edges, I let it cool. I poked it a few times making sure it wasn't too soft. This is my first giant cookie!


Once cooled, we removed the sides and there you have a nice flat cookie. Now, I will say it didn't come off as cleanly as I hoped. Next time, I think I'm going to put a cookie sheet underneath. Cooking spray just didn't cut it. 


Now what do we do with our big cookie.... hmmm... let's make it into a pizza! With super red frosting (I mean, reaaaally red, we had red food coloring all over our hands...), we frosted the cake. Yellow and orange fondant cut up into thin strands make pretty convincing looking pizza :) 


What's a pizza without pepperonis? Red fondant cut up using a medicine measuring... thingie.. you know those little cups. 


And voila! A cookie pizza :) It actually made both my husband and mom think it was a pizza, so that means it was a success :) 

I had made chocolate cake, but since I didn't want to cover up the entire pizza, I made a small sized cake. With extra batter left over, I made two little cupcakes and an extra cake on the side for my own personal snacking! >_>


The numbers are the size of a normal store bought rice krispie treat because, shockingly, they are made from rice krispie treats hehe I covered them in white fondant and made a cool marbleized blue fondant, used an icing tip's bottom circle, and cut out little dots. 


My husband helped me with this little number. He rolled out some rice krispie treats and formed a nice circle. After coloring some fondant black (I attempted grey, but used way too much black and now my fingers are black...), I covered the flat circle and used a toothpick to draw on it. 


Time for some awesome sculpting skills! So.. I'm not sure if you can tell what that is, but just you wait. 


Add some nice green fondant.... mix a few more fondant colors.. and what do we have... 

wait for it... 


BAM! Leonardo's head. Oh, and the black fondant below him? The same black fondant I used to cover the rice krispie circle, just added water to make it nice and dark and shiny. Like magic, right? 


I do wish I had used a darker, more vivid blue for his mask thingie, but it was late, I was tired. 


To complete his look, I added some fingers and white bands because they have white bandage looking things on their hands... 


Does the pizza make sense now? :) 


It wouldn't be complete without adding a personal street sign! :) That's the only non-edible thing, well, besides the platter it's on.


Match it with Evelynn's homemade birthday card and you got the perfect present! 



The back view: It's a manhole cover. Now it feels complete, yeah? 


I had a whole lot of fun making this cake, especially making the pizza and all the little details. Hopefully, it tastes just as good :) 

I'd like to wish Sam, an awesome aunt/godmother to my daughter and sister-in-law who always makes such beautiful and crafty things for my family and I, an amazing Happy Birthday! You do so much for us and, hopefully, this shows you how much we love and care for you! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPIC KIRBY CAKE!!

Easter Sunday Cupcakes

Lifting Cakes