Catching Up!

Sorry for the long wait (if anyone is waiting..), but life had gotten rather busy and FFXIV has taken over my life... the hours wasting... no regrets! 

Anyways, since my last post was... Halloween?! Holy crapper doodle... the baking had not ended, just the blogging :( 

So let's time travel back to November 2013 and see my first (and only so far) attempt at potato candy. 

Intrigued? I had never heard of them until I stumbled across one on, most likely, pinterest. 
So, not really paying close attention to the directions or recipe, I used more than one potato. Big mistake. You end up with a whole ton of dough and you use up a whole lot of sugar. 


Above is the rolled out potato dough (cooked and softened potatoes mixed with A LOT of powder sugar)


Since I had so much dough, I decided to make one nutella roll and one peanut butter roll. Nutella and Skippy should pay me for the ad placement :) 


Look at that roll, oh man, so pro. 


After they are nice and rolled, I wrapped them up in cookie sheet, put them in a plastic bag, and then shoved them in the freezer to harden up. 


Leaving them overnight (I had finished up late at night), I cut the nutella one up and they came out all pretty :) Although not as circular as I hoped - I rolled them not so smoothly hehe

Next up is a cake I made for my co-worker for her birthday! :) Because her name is Cheryl (Hi Cheryl!) and our boss called her "Cherri" or "Sherry" or however you want to spell it, I thought it sounded a lot like cherries. And bam! Cake made to look like cherries :) 


The cake is a regular yellow cake with strawberry frosting. Candy pearls and green fondant were used to complete the look!


This is a cheesecake! I was introduced to candy cane Hershey kisses (ad placement!!!) and they are super delicious! But when I flipped the bag over, what did I see?? A recipe for a peppermint twist cheesecake?!?! 

Sadly, I don't have a picture of when we cut into the cheesecake because then you would see the nice candy cane swirl, but it was certainly delicious :) 

Sorry for the wait once more, but better late than never, right? I will definitely not take such a long hiatus next time unless I end up not baking for whatever reason... but with every month, there's at least one birthday that I could be baking for :) 

Until next time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPIC KIRBY CAKE!!

Easter Sunday Cupcakes

Lifting Cakes