Evelynn's 3rd Birthday!!

My little girl is turning three, so as a treat, I wanted to make her cake of course! :) Since cutting cakes is a hassle to me, I decided on a normal sized cake shaped for her theme (Doc Mcstuffins!) and cupcakes for easy picking and eating for guests. Let's just jump right into it! 


The cupcakes were milk chocolate ones and the cake is, of course, birthday cake flavor. Yes, it is 9:14 PM as I am baking. Love to wait until the last minute. I did make the fondant the night before though! 


The cake out of the pan and the cupcakes all nice and purty (note to self: don't stack milk chocolate cupcakes on each other, they stick!)


The new (and cheap!) cupcake platter I bought :) Set up the cupcakes to see how many I needed to decorate (had four extra I think, three after Eevee ate one.)


Getting everything ready... so much stuff... No, I didn't use all of this, but I take everything out in case I am hit with inspiration! 


Cupcakes frosted and decorated :) The bottom tier, I used an edible blue food coloring spray. The middle tier is simply sprinkled with small crystal pink sprinkles and the top tier is colorful sprinkles shaped like flowers and butterflies with a blue marble-like candy ball. 


The cake after it has been shaped (cut into two pieces, the purse part and the handle for easy frosting and covering) and fondant added. Lots of powder sugar! 


After a nice glossy shine from water and the added detail of Doc Mcstuffins trademark logo, I added the pink crystal sprinkles to the pink part. 


The stethoscope was made from a spare cupcake, fondant and two grape Twizzlers.


With the blue fondant (Eevee's favorite color), I used cookie cutters for the lettering. 


Next to the cupcakes, don't it look lovely? :)


Time to add the candles... used fondant below the candles to keep them standing up and without pushing them straight through the fondant. 


I had fun making this one since it was for my special little girl :) I wish I could've added a picture of Evelynn when she woke up in the morning and saw it, but sadly, I forgot to take a picture. Either way, Happy Birthday to my little angel! 

Thank you for reading this! Until next time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPIC KIRBY CAKE!!

Easter Sunday Cupcakes

Lifting Cakes